More than just your hair will thin as you age: so will your teeth. Yes, you can do all the right things, like eating right, regular dental checkups, refraining from coffee, tea, or colas and you will still have problems with your teeth as you age. Those thinning effects of aging will leave the enamel looking a bit gray and without the luster and shine of younger teeth.
Fortunately, cosmetic dentistry can address those problems and keep your appearance more youthful. By contacting Dr. Patti Swaintek-Lamb at Aesthetic Dentistry of Bernardsville in New Jersey, you will learn which procedures can make a difference to your smile.
Common Dental Problems for the Middle Aged
- Fragile teeth: With age, teeth become more brittle, leading to cracks, chips and shearing.
- Worn down teeth: Daily chewing, chomping and grinding wears away the enamel of the teeth, as well as the structure
- Crooked teeth: As we age, we have more health problems that can affect the gum tissue. When the gums recede, teeth will no longer hold their original positions
- Dingy teeth: Hastened by the ingestion of certain liquids and tobacco smoke
- Darkened or yellow teeth: As we age the underlying tooth layer thickens causing this effect
Ways to Restore Older Teeth
That once youthful smile can be treated by a dentist with advanced training in cosmetic dentistry. Using a variety of cosmetic dental procedures, our dentist can restore your teeth’s imperfections that become more pronounced with age. Some of those cosmetic procedures to restore aging teeth include:
- Porcelain veneers: Wafer-thin shells of porcelain bonded to the front of your teeth
- Teeth whitening: Up to eight shades lighter with Zoom!® Tooth Whitening
- Tooth contouring: To reshape your teeth
- Dental crowns: To help broken teeth look more natural
- Dental implants: To replace missing teeth
- Dental bonding: To correct chip, cracked, crooked, unevenly spaced, stained or non-responsive to teeth whitening, or are structurally damaged from tooth decay
Have you procrastinated about seeing a cosmetic dentist for your aging teeth? Dr. Swaintek-Lamb is skilled in cosmetic dentistry. She treats New Jersey patients who are dealing with teeth that have lost their luster. Please contact Aesthetic Dentistry of Bernardsville online or give us a call at (800) 672-8518 to schedule your appointment today.