For centuries (yes, really), dentures have been the go-to solution for missing teeth. As long as they’ve been around, however, they’re not without their failings: dentures lack the security required to eat and speak normally; seeds and small food particles can get trapped beneath the dentures and irritate the gums; they can be uncomfortable if not properly fitted; and they are not permanent solutions to tooth loss.
If you’ve been struggling with your dentures or you simply want to explore your tooth replacement options, Aesthetic Dentistry of Bernardsville has some good news: Dental implants provide a stable and permanent solution for tooth loss.
What Are Implants?
Implants are bio-compatible, screw-like structures that are surgically placed below the gumline and in the jaw. After the gums and jaw have healed, the implants serve as anchors for prosthetic teeth.
What Are the Benefits?
Implants are far superior to dentures for the following reasons:
- They are permanent. Your implants stay put when you are eating, brushing, flossing, and talking. If cared for properly, they can last for decades.
- They allow you to eat what you want. Unlike dentures, implants won’t slip when you eat. This means you are free to enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables and your other favorite foods without having to cut them into miniscule pieces.
- They are easy to care for. With implants, you simply brush, floss, and visit your dentist as usual. No overnight soaking required.
- The look natural. Implants are individually placed and hold individual teeth. This means your teeth are spaced naturally, giving the appearance of real teeth.
- They instill confidence. With implants, you no longer have to worry about “being caught without your teeth,” speaking unclearly, or struggling with foods that others enjoy with simplicity. You can smile, speak, laugh, and eat with abandon.
If you live in Bernardsville, New Jersey, or the surrounding area, give us a call to discuss implants and other prosthetic options. We can’t wait to give you a permanent and natural-looking smile.