Do you tend to smile with a closed mouth? Do you subtly cover your mouth with your hand when you’re laughing among friends? Do you look at pictures of yourself and think, ‘that would be such a great picture if I had a better smile’? If any of these sound familiar, then Aesthetic Dentistry of Bernardsville has just the solution for you: cosmetic dentistry.
Cosmetic Dentistry 101
The term cosmetic dentistry refers to any procedure that improves the appearance of your smile. Some procedures are strictly for aesthetic purposes (like whitening), while others are necessary for restorative purposes (like dental implants). Regardless, cosmetic dentistry gives you confidence in your smile and in yourself.
What Cosmetic Dentistry Can Do
No matter what you don’t like about your teeth, there is a cosmetic dentistry solution. Advances in cosmetic dentistry allow us to correct:
- Discolored teeth
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Misaligned teeth, from slight to severe
- Misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Missing teeth
Dr. Swaintek-Lamb has extensive training in cosmetic dentistry and can perform the following procedures:
- Opalescence Teeth Whitening: This in-office procedure uses a concentrated hydrogen peroxide gel to lighten the shade of your teeth within one visit. You’ll leave our office with whiter, brighter teeth and confidence in your smile.
- Invisalign: Instead of brackets, wires, and bands, Invisalign uses clear aligner trays to straighten your teeth. They are nearly invisible (as the name suggests) and are removed when you eat and drink (no eating restrictions) and when you brush and floss (no floss threaders). Best of all, with no hardware to block the view, you get to see your teeth transform before your very eyes.
- Veneers: Porcelain veneers are placed on the front surface of your teeth to correct chips, cracks, and their size and shape. Their benefits are beyond cosmetic, as they also strengthen teeth that may be weakened by imperfections and can realign your bite, preventing headaches, neck aches, and jaw pain.
- Crowns: Porcelain crowns are similar to veneers in that they correct imperfections, but they are placed over your entire tooth. Traditional crowns take two to three visits, but with our CEREC system, you can leave our office with strong, gleaming teeth in a single visit.
- Implants: If you are missing any teeth – from one to an entire mouthful – crowns can permanently restore your smile. Dental implants are surgically implanted beneath the gum line; when the gums heal, prosthetic teeth are placed on top of the implant. The result is a smile that is not only stunning, but sturdy and long-lasting, as well.
At Aesthetic Dentistry of Bernardsville, we can use any combination of the aforementioned treatments to give you the smile you’ve always dreamed of having. We also offer dental bonding, bridges, gum contouring, and an assortment of other treatments to make your dream smile a reality.
If you would like to inquire about our cosmetic dentistry services, contact our office today. We’d love to see your smile!