Alignment and spacing issues in your jaw and teeth can lead to premature wear and tear and create an unflattering smile. Invisalign® is a great way to address these issues. The orthodontic treatment is customizable, easy to use, and practically invisible to other people. With Invisalign, you can correct minor to moderate orthodontic issues in a matter of months.
The Invisalign process consists of clear plastic aligner trays that you keep on your teeth, switching them out for new trays every 2-4 weeks depending on your plan. It is important for your dental health that you clean and maintain these trays every day during the time period you are using them.
- The daily cleaning process for Invisalign involves:
- Taking out your aligner trays
- Rinsing them under lukewarm water, not hot or cold water
- Brushing the aligner trays with toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Checking them for calcium build-up
- Soaking them for 5 minutes in a cleaning solution if you notice build-up
- Brush and floss your teeth before putting the trays back in
You can use a variety of cleaning solutions to soak your aligner trays, from denture cleaners to retainer cleaners to a special formula Invisalign sells on its website. Mouthwash can clean trays, but it can also stain them, so it’s not recommended. Ask the orthodontists at Aesthetic Dentistry of Bernardsville if you are unsure whether your cleaning solution is appropriate for disinfecting Invisalign trays.
We are happy to help residents of Morristown, New Jersey and the surrounding areas experience the excellent results you can get from Invisalign. To get an Invisalign consultation from Aesthetic Dentistry of Bernardsville, contact us by calling (908) 221-1188.