Bernardsville Dentist Serving Morristown, Basking Ridge, Mendham, Chester, and Far Hills, NJ
Most people in the United States desire a younger, more rejuvenated look. This includes our mouths because our teeth are the first thing people see when we speak or smile.
In a society obsessed with appearance, more people have become concerned about having straight, white teeth that are flawless. Cosmetic dentists have responded to this increasing consumer demand.
A smile makeover incorporates several different techniques to accomplish a stunning smile. What options you choose depend on your individual needs and goals. Here a few common problems that a smile makeover can address:
- Stained or discolored teeth: Tooth whitening is an ideal option. We use Zoom!2® teeth whitening to whiten your smile up to eight shades.
- Chips or rough spots: These can be filled with a tooth-colored material called composite resin, which is polished and smoothed to match your natural tooth.
- Cavities or cracks: Traditional silver (amalgam) fillings can be replaced with inconspicuous tooth-colored fillings.
- Crooked teeth: Tooth recontouring can help shape your teeth so they are even and match one another.
- Gaps and spaces: Small gaps can be closed with a composite material. Larger gaps can be fixed using porcelain veneers. Permanently bonded to your teeth, porcelain veneers are made from ultra-thin shells of porcelain and are matched to your exact tooth color.
- Broken teeth: If a tooth has been badly broken or the structure is weak, you may need a dental crown. Many crowns are made of tooth-colored porcelain, making them impossible for others to tell that they are not your real teeth.
Technology and materials used in cosmetic dentistry are constantly evolving, and what cosmetic dentists can do now compared to years past is amazing. In terms of materials, the early composite resins would often chip, stain, and change color with time. Today’s composite resins are of a much higher quality. The tooth-colored filling material is stronger, lasts longer, and looks more like your natural tooth.
About $2.75 billion is spent on cosmetic procedures every year, according to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Virtually all dentists perform some type of cosmetic service, from composite resin to orthodontics. Cosmetic dentistry can improve your self-confidence, especially if your teeth are damaged or stained. Even a simple bleaching or bonding procedure can give you the self-assurance you need to succeed both personally and professionally.
If you are interested in taking positive strides towards the smile you have always wanted, please contact the dental team at Aesthetic Dentistry of Bernardsville today by completing the appointment request form or calling (908) 221-1188. Serving patients from Bernardsville, Morristown, Basking Ridge, Mendham, Chester, Far Hills, and throughout New Jersey, Dr. Patti Swaintek-Lamb can help you determine which cosmetic dental procedures can best meet your goals.