Bernardsville Dentist Serving Morristown, Basking Ridge, Mendham, Chester, and Far Hills, NJ
Anesthesia for any dental procedure is derived from one of the following choices:
- Local anesthetics: Administered by injection and the same used in fillings or extractions with general dentistry.
- Nitrous oxide or “laughing gas”: An inhaled anesthesia used in cases where the patient needs more relaxation beyond local anesthesia.
- Conscious sedation combined with local anesthetics: A patient receives medication that creates a drowsy and relaxed feeling, after which a local anesthetic is used.
- General anesthesia: A medication used to place the patient into a deep sleep.
What to Expect Following Dental Implant Surgery
With any type of surgery, you likely will experience some discomfort. Those may include:
- Pain at the implant or surgery site
- Minor bleeding
- Bruising of your skin and gums
- Swelling of your gums and face
To minimize any possible discomfort, you will want to follow all your surgeon’s post-operative instructions.
Please call our office today at (908) 221-1188 to learn more about dental restoration options. Aesthetic Dentistry of Bernardsville serves patients from Bernardsville, Morristown, Basking Ridge, Mendham, Chester, Far Hills, and surrounding areas in New Jersey.