A Choice in Anesthesia for Your Dental Implant Surgery
Bernardsville Dentist Serving Morristown, Basking Ridge, Mendham, Chester, and Far Hills, NJ
Anesthesia for any dental procedure is derived from one of the following choices:
- Local anesthetics: Administered by injection and the same used in fillings or extractions with general dentistry.
- Nitrous oxide or “laughing gas”: An inhaled anesthesia used in cases where the patient needs more relaxation beyond local anesthesia.
- Conscious sedation combined with local anesthetics: A patient receives medication that creates a drowsy and relaxed feeling, after which a local anesthetic is used.
- General anesthesia: A medication used to place the patient into a deep sleep.
What to Expect Following Dental Implant Surgery
With any type of surgery, you likely will experience some discomfort. Those may include:
- Pain at the implant or surgery site
- Minor bleeding
- Bruising of your skin and gums
- Swelling of your gums and face
To minimize any possible discomfort, you will want to follow all your surgeon’s post-operative instructions.
Please call our office today at (908) 221-1188 to learn more about dental restoration options. Aesthetic Dentistry of Bernardsville serves patients from Bernardsville, Morristown, Basking Ridge, Mendham, Chester, Far Hills, and surrounding areas in New Jersey.